Us

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Said Is Dead!



Said Is Dead:
So said is dead.

What do I mean by that? Simple really. So many new and old writers on wattpad are saying he said this or she says that. There are so many other ways to say it. Many other ways to express your characters. I am by no means a professional writer. But here are a few tips of the trade I have learned over the years. I saw this on Pinterest when I was looking up writing tips. Said is dead. They had a list of phrases on other ways to creatively say said.

Here are some ideas for you:

Paragraph Sample:

Wrong Way:

In the heat of the argument her blood boiled in her veins. She was furious with him. She hated him. And she wanted him to know it to. She says, “I hate your guts”

Better Way:

In the heat of the argument her blood boiled in her veins. She was furious with him. She hated him. And she wanted to know it. “I hate your guts!” she huffs under her breath so low he could hear the hatred seep out.

The Wrong Way:

In the heat of the argument her blood boiled in her veins. She was furious with him. She hated him. And she wanted him to know it to. She said “I hate your guts”

In the heat of the argument her blood boiled in her veins. She was furious with him. She hated him. And she wanted him to know it to. She hisses “I hate your guts”

Get the clues?

You can describe how your character is feeling this way. It is easier on your readers to get a better visual aid when you express how they are feeling. What they are doing. I know it can be annoying. You already see these characters in your head. But if you want your readers to see what you see then this is the way to do it.

I have been working on my own projects, sending thing into publishers. I had been rejected. They told me I have great ideas. Which that was great they did not say I sucked. Or to stop writing lol. But they said I needed to be more descriptive with my writing. I am learning as I go. Working on my crafts. I know other writers on wattpad can often struggle with this too.

I noticed in my friends’ novel she always says he said this. Or she says that. It got kind of boring. Of course, I did not tell her that. Becareful not to barf information on your readers about the characters to where they can get bored. That can be a bit too much to. There is a fine line between planning. I think it is a clever idea to read on writing tips. Even if you are a great writer you can still learn things to make your books even better than before!

Don’t feel bad if you have miss used says or said. Remember what you read here. Try other ways to say said. Hope this helps! Happy summer guys!! Wow time flies when you are having fun huh? June is already here!









No comments:

Post a Comment